Submit a Resume
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) in Engineering required; Advanced degree in related field is a plus
- Detailed knowledge of engineering design principles (preferably BESS and power plant electrical system design)
- Experience in product design
- Experience with Lithium Ion Batteries and their application in energy storage for commercial and industrial applications as well as associated power electronics is a plus.
- Experience providing technical direction in preparation of design details, drawings, and calculations
- Experience scheduling and coordinating major projects to meet cost and schedule objectives
- Experience using AutoCAD and CAD Overlay would be a plus
- The individual should have a high level of initiative and be able to effectively plan, organize, and execute their work.
- The individual should be able to handle overall design on large environmental projects and/or small projects at fossil fired generating plants with minimal to no supervision
- Ability to work proficiently both as part of a team and independently; interfacing with the plants and other disciplines
- Has the ability to assess risk at multiple levels and understand the impacts to all stakeholders
- Must demonstrate behaviors consistent with Southern Company Values – Safety as Core Value, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment
- Position usually requires 5 to 10 years experience in industrial and/or large commercial facilities design