- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical engineering from an accredited college or university. Minimum 5 years Power Plant Generation experience or Industrial Maintenance or Operations experience required.
- Experience with engineering design, construction and maintenance
- General knowledge of power plant equipment including pumps, motors, breakers, protective relay (both digital and analog relay systems), transformers, battery, chargers, inverters and DC systems raceways, cables, or other similar electrical
- Working knowledge of plant systems including Digital Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), and Distributed Controls Systems (DCS).
- Working knowledge of multiple power plant systems (switch gears, motor control centers, switchyard, turbine, and generator)
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and wiring diagrams including single line diagrams, combined wiring diagrams, panel scheduled, and vendor drawings.
- Must be available to work weekends and/or holidays. Overtime work will be required periodically to support customer schedules.
- Proficiency in daily computer applications (MS W ord, Excel, Enterprise Solutions and Outlook) is required.
- This is a construction site; therefore, walking, system walkdowns, climbing (scaffold, ladders, and stairs), and bending are required
- Construction experience desired.
- EIT/FE or Professional Engineer Registration is desired.
- A Shift Technical Advisor or Operations (SRO) license/certification is desired.
- Minimum of 1 year of nuclear power plant design or operation.
Familiarity with typical electrical calculations including Short Circuit Analysis, Relay/Breaker Setting Cales and/or Arc Flash Cales